- 4 oz dried pasta of some sort
- 4 oz tempeh
- 2 fresh tomatoes diced up
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/3 c olive oil
- small handful pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp red peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- grated/shredded parmesan (optional)
||Spaghetti w/tempeh for two|
Another night where groceries and time were both short. I looked through the cabinets and found some exotic ingredients like capers and red peppercorns. Then there are the staple items like pasta, tomatoes and onions. Put them all together and this is a really tasty dish.
As usual, feel free to change this around a bit to your liking. My unique twist on this type of dish is that I don't tend to cook the crap out of the tomatoes. I like the way they taste pretty much fresh. Use whatever pasta you have laying around. I made this with corkscrews. If you are vegan, obviously don't use the parmesan and make sure your noodles don't have egg. (yuck!)
- cook the pasta noodles as directed.
- While you are waiting for the pasta to cook, heat half the olive oil in a frying pan and crumble the tempeh into it in small pieces.
- As the tempeh is browning, dice the onion and add it to the pan. Add the minced garlic shortly after that.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, add the all of the rest of the ingredients holding back the olive oil, tomatoes and parmesan.
- When pasta is done, drain the noodles, then add the tomatoes and the rest of the olive oil to the frying pan, turn off the heat and stir it up.
- Put the pasta on your plate or bowl then put the sauce on top. Now put exactly a 1/2 tsp of parmesan on top of that... just kidding, this is the sinful vegetarian. Load it up as much as you like, don't be stingy!!
|This recipe was last updated: 04-11-2009||